Wednesday, December 2, 2009


I recently read Dan Brown's book The Lost Sign. It is a quite fascinating story that takes place in Washington D.C. In the book the writer constantly mentiones different works of art that are tightly connected to the events and the story. Some of them are the painted ceilings in Capitolia and exquisite pieces of architecture. I was so impressed with the way he descibed them that after reading the book I had this desire to go to Washington and see all those unique art works and visit the places where the main heroes of the book went . What I am reffering to when I share this experience with you is that art can often be a reson to travel. If you haven't planned your holiday and like Michelangelo's ides for example you should most certainly visit St. Peter's Basilica in Vatican city. If you admire the works of the brothers Eyck you should go to Ghent where one of their paintings is.

No comments:

Post a Comment